Monday 15 January 2018

The Selection Review

Title: The Selection
Author: Kiera Cass
Publisher: Harper Collins
Date I read it: January 10th - January 14th 2018

Rating: 4.75 / 5 stars

Synopsis:

In a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels The Selection is the chance of a lifetime to compete for gorgeous Prince Maxon's heart. But for America Singer it means turning her back on her secret love and leaving home for a prize she doesn't want

Then America meets Maxon and all her plans start to crumble. Can the life she's always dreamed of compare to a future she never imagined

My thoughts on the book:

I first started reading this book a few years ago but for one reason or another i never ended up finishing it, but recently I finally bought the full series off Amazon and decided to finally read the series

The main thing that I kept hearing about this book was that most people didn't like it because they thought that America could be whiny at times. I didn't think that she was one of the worst characters but i would say that I can see where people are coming from

The main thing that i would say i didn't like about the book was the way that some of the other girls acted, even though i know that it was part of the point, they all wanted the same thing and would do whatever they could to secure it

The main reason that I loved this book was Maxon, and he is definitely a book boyfriend for me. I loved how teasing his relationship with America was and that we could see him slowly falling for her, and the same for her

I would say that, even from the beginning, I wasn't a big fan of Aspen. I don't know what it was about him, but there was something that put me off him from the start

Overall i loved this book and am looking forward to reading the rest of the books in the series

Do I recommend this book?:
Definitely, it is an interesting take on the dystopian genre and it manages to be a cute fluffy book, something that this genre doesn't have much of

No comments:

Post a Comment