Wednesday 30 November 2016

The Greek Myhthology Book tag

Gods of Olympus


Zeus (Jupiter)


God of the Sky and Thunder / King of the Gods

Favorite book (choose your own category!): 

There are so many favourite books under different categories that I didn’t know which one I wanted to pick for this question. I ended up choosing one of my favourite stand alone books which is Simon vs the Homo sapiens agenda. This book made me smile as I was reading it and I recommend it to everyone

Poseidon (Neptune)


God of the Seas and Earthquakes

Book that drowned you in feels:

Bramblestar’s Storm drowned me in too many feels. I read it a while after reading The Last Hope and I ended up loving it. That didn’t mean that there wasn’t a few times when I would start tearing up, especially when a few characters died who I wasn’t expecting to die

Hades (Pluto)


God of the Underworld

Favorite book with a dark / ominous plot:

Does Jurassic Park count? This is probably the darkest book I’ve read. It is, after all, about an island where dinosaurs escape and eat people

Hera (Juno)


Goddess of Marriage and Family

Cutest fictional couple:

For this there was no other choice than one of my favourite fictional couples ever. I had to choose Johnny and Meg from Paige Toon’s books. I just love how Meg manages to change Johnny for the better and I love their relationship in the Jessie Jefferson trilogy and how different it is to the start of their relationship

Athena(Minerva)


Goddess of Wisdom, Handicraft and Strategic Warfare

Series with the best world-building: 

I love the world building in the Game of Thrones series. I’ve only just started the series but I love the world building in the show as well

Aphrodite (Venus)


Goddess of Love and Beauty

Most beautiful cover on a 2016 release:

The cover of the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them screenplay which I only bought recently (30/11/2016), I love the way this book looks both with the dustjacket on and with it off

Ares (Mars)


God of War and Bloodshed

Most violent book you’ve ever read:

I’m going to go with the same one as one of the previous questions. Jurassic Park, the book is a lot more violent than the films and it describes the people killed in a much more detailed way

Hephaestus (Vulcan)


God of Blacksmiths and Fire

Scorching hot swoon worthy character:

Is there really any other choice for me than Johnny Jefferson? He is definitely a swoon worthy character and he even has the bad boy personality to go along with it

Artemis (Diana)


Goddess of the Hunt and Virginity

Favorite Kick-Ass Heroine: 

Eowyn. This might be slightly cheating since I haven’t actually read the book yet but she is amazing in the film and she is definitely my favourite heroine

Phoebus Apollo (Apollo)


God of Light and Healing

Sequel book that redeemed its series:

City of Ashes, though I still haven’t finished this series. I didn’t like City of Bones that much but I loved City of Ashes when I read it and it made me want to continue reading the series rather than stop

Hermes (Mercury)


Messenger God of Thieves and Commerce

Book with the best message:

I couldn’t really think of an answer to this question. I’ve read a lot of books where I thought they had a good message but I can’t think of any

Hestia (Vesta)


Goddess of the Hearth and Home

Book with the most relatable story: 

I’d say that Love Lessons has the most relatable story. When I first read the book I was going through a tough time with a teacher (Nothing happened, it was just tough for me) and I loved art like Prue and I was shy and quiet like her. Reading the book made the year slightly easier for me

Demeter (Ceres)


Goddess of Fertility and Agriculture

Favorite bookish setting: 

I love the world where Gone is set. I wouldn’t want to live there but I love how the setting kind of evolves and changes throughout the books

Dionysus (Bacchus)


God of Wine and Celebration

2017 release you are most anticipating:

The Last Piece of My Heart by Paige Toon. Her next book that will be about Bridget. I also can’t wait for the cover to be revealed

Heroes of Olympus


Percy Jackson


a brave, spirited natural leader with a sarcastic sense of humor, and a will to save friends and enemies alike

Favorite protagonist:

I have a lot of favourite protagonists, but the first one that pops into my head when thinking about the question is most of the main characters from Warrior Cats, especially Brambleclaw from the second series

Annabeth Chase


intellectual genius with a strong mind, brave heart, and a love for architecture

Series / book with the cleverest plot:

The Saga of Darren Shan, I love the way the plot plays out over the twelve books and I like that there isn’t really any romance in it. Also, it is a unique way of portraying vampires without making them seem boring

Jason Grace


 has a moderate sense of humor, but a strong sense of honor, justice and compassion, often described as perfect

Book with an epic finale: 

The final battle in The Last Hope. This is one of the best final battle scenes I have read and was the perfect finale to that series. Also the BloodClan battle in The Darkest Hour for the same reason, though I think I liked this one slightly more

Piper McLean


aggressive and persuasive but down to earth, caring and loving towards Jason, her friends and family

Book with a tempting synopsis (one you haven’t read!): 

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, I heard so much about the book and knew I wanted to read it as soon as I read the synopsis, it sounds like something I would love reading

Leo Valdez


good-natured and energetic, funny but intelligent, honest and witty, and is skilled with machines

Book that made you laugh: 

Not many books manage to make me laugh. If I find a book funny, I usually just end up smiling instead of laughing

Hazel Levesque


bright  and outgoing despite an unfortunate childhood, is mature for her age and has a love for horseback riding

Favorite character with a tragic past:

For this I chose Caine Soren from the Gone series, he isn’t the character with the most tragic past but he is my favourite. I can’t say much without spoiling anything that happens in the series though

Frank Zhang


somewhat shy, cynical, and clumsy, though he possesses a strong sense of duty, loyalty, and love

Book you loved more than you thought you would:

I was going to go predictable and say Jurassic Park but that is the book that I seem to talk about the most. Instead I chose Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. I went into this expecting to be disappointed, it isn’t my favourite vampire series but it was amazing and I liked it a lot more than I thought I would

Nico di Angelo


grim, solitary, powerful and mysterious, highly unpredictable and selectively affectionate

Most mysterious character you’ve ever encountered:

For this I decided to go with a character that is more unusual. She isn’t the most mysterious character I’ve ever encountered but I didn’t want to choose a character that people would expect me to say. I went with Sienna from All About the Hype, she is the sister of Dana and half of the book is wondering if you’re supposed to trust her. She is definitely a mysterious character

Grover Underwood


cheerful, upbeat and protective satyr who chews on furniture when he gets nervous

Book you won’t read due to warnings against them: 

I try not to listen to books that have warnings and bad reviews about them. My opinion is usually different to most people’s anyway. There are too many books for this answer to even think about listening

Clarisse La Rue


arrogant and hot-tempered, but brave, strong and protective of camp

Most annoying character:

There are so many people I could use for this that I think I should just make a separate post about who the most annoying characters are and why I think that about them

No comments:

Post a Comment